Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SKUNK!!!

Bailey our puppy (14 months old) was behind the pool area and Jacob and Rileigh were swinging. Bailey didn't come right away, so I asked the kids what she was doing...."EEEWWW she's sniffing a dead skunk!!" Well EEEEWWWWW was right! And I knew what I was going to have to do! OMGoodness!!! I DON'T want to clean him up!!! But if you have ever owned a dog, you know that they LOVE to roll in smelly stuff! And really you could smell it at the pool, so it had to be done! So off I go to get a bag and shovel, coax Jacob to make sure the bag stays open while I shove him in.......OH DEAR LORD, I didn't know just how awful it was going to be!!!! He was decaying into the ground and was STUCK!!! One swipe with the shovel let the oder EXPLODE into the air!!! Down went the shovel!!! I had to turn away! Jacob must have been up wind because he didn't move...he stood there like a trooper holding open the bag....and LAUGHING his full little head off at me! So I get myself together and think the quicker I do this the quicker I'm DONE!!! Shovel in hand, I loosen his dead little stinky body loose from the ground.....which is stained black, WOW!!!, wasn't really expecting that, go to scoop him up and I thought I had him....NOPE...his head falls right off the shovel!!! HOLY HECK!! This is AWFUL!! So I throw the shovel load into the bag that Jacob has now left on the ground and I had to do a second scoop to get the rest of him! Then there he was in the bag on the ground, but not quite in the bag enough for me to touch the bag and lift it up to tie it, so we get another bag and scoop up the first bag and get it tied! Throw him into the garbage can and grab the keys....we're taking this straight to the DUMP! We load the trash cans into the truck and off we go! While empting the trash cans I notice something moving!!....oh my...we've got MAGGOTTS!!! Really? Really?

No comments: