Friday, February 5, 2010

Almost there!!!!!





I'm just too excited to wait until the room is 100% done, but I/we are sooooo close!!

I am 1 bin short of having the closet completely organized. Ran out of bins!
I have 1 bin left to go through to see what is actually worth keeping.
I have done at least 100 trips up and down the stairs......so I should have buns of steel!!! Key word was should :)

So we are close....oh so close!!!

I should just keep on the happy notes, but I do have to tell you how we got the computer desk upstairs.............

Do you all remember back in the summer when the router went bad??? Remember I could hardly move the computer desk to get to the wires?? It weighs a TON!!! I just know it's a TON!!! However Mike estimates 300 pounds.

Mike brought home a furniture dolly from work to move the desk....I was expecting him to bring home John from work to help...NO John, just Dolly!! So, you guessed it, I had to help him. After a small discussion of how I didn't think I could handle it, I found myself under and I mean UNDER the computer desk on the stairs with my snow boots on (they were the closest) heaving that desk up, just enough for Mike to get it up 1 step at a time. I just knew I was going to be crushed...I did survive....I will survive!!! Not quite in tact, the same shoulder ache is back, the same one that I had with the router problem, just not quite as bad. But as you can see, it is worth it.

I also have hooked up and unhooked the internet and router a couple of times to get the furniture placement. And mike had to move it downstairs twice. I actually did it with much success until I mistakenly reset the router instead of the modem....that one push of a button cost me a 45 min phone call with the 'local' foreigner at linksys.

Yeah!!! I won't know what to do with my time when it's done??? Yeah right...I don't know how we got it done!! We didn't paint until Jacob and Rileigh were in bed! Just a few finishing touches and that bin issue!! The first project to be completed in my new room will be a message board :)

No comments: